Hillcrest Healthcare is now offering a state-certified Medication Aide training course.
Medication Aide Training Course Description:
This 93-hour class will prepare students to become state-certified medication aides who can then work in healthcare facilities. The aides, under the direction of a nurse, will assist in providing medications.
Medication aides perform under the supervision of a licensed practical nurse (LPN) or a registered nurse (RN). The medication aide training course is required for anyone seeking to work as a medication aide in a long-term care facility. Following completion of the training, the student takes the state medication aide examination.
The class will cover:
- Basic medication administration concepts
- Healthcare team responsibilities in medication administration
- Legal and ethical aspects
- Effects of drugs on body systems
- Anatomy and physiology related to medication administration
- Safety and infection control
- First-aid and emergency care
- Other healthcare topics
Medication Aide Training Course Application
Our team is here to help. Click below to email, or call Hillcrest Healthcare HR Connect at