Please see below our most current updates on testing, policies and services. These updates will be communicated to employees, patients and families regularly as information becomes available.
If you have questions, please visit our contact page to reach us.
We closely follow the COVID-19 positivity rates in Knox County. This pandemic has been hard on all, but especially on our most vulnerable and at-risk population who faces increased risk: our patients.
To keep them, their families and our employees safe, we are continuing to follow the required guidelines and testing procedures. Please continue to check back on this page and follow our social media for updates as we relax pandemic-related restrictions.
Currently, we are continuing to follow the required Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines. The Tennessee Department of Health recently announced that state restrictions on nursing homes were lifted on February 28, 2021, and CMS issued new guidance on November 12, 2021, which will allow us to relax some restrictions.
Current county Covid information (per CMS data) as of April 14, 2023: Community transmission is MODERATE.
|BEVERLY PARK PLACE||WEST HILLS||ISLAND HOME|
|Active patient cases||0||0||0|
|Active employee cases||0||0||0|
|Outdoor visitation open||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Indoor visitation open||Open||Open||Open|
We are happy to share that a majority of residents and employees at all three of our communities have received COVID-19 vaccines in early 2021. Our communities were grateful to receive the vaccine to keep our patients, coworkers and their families safe. Learn more about the vaccines by clicking on the provided links below.
Hillcrest Healthcare tests all employees for COVID-19 per Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines. If any employee or resident in the respective centers are positive, then outbreak testing per CMS guidelines is followed to determine the status of visitation.
Per industry best practices, COVID-19 “units” continue to be separated from the general resident population by barrier and protocol to protect patients.
Any employee that receives a positive COVID 19 test result is sent home to quarantine under the guidelines of the Knox County Health Department. The Knox County Health Department conducts contact tracing with employees who test positive and will notify those who came into contact with the employees for the required amount of time prior to the positive result.
Additional steps taken for the safety and well-being of patients and employees include:
- Every patient is assessed daily for changes in condition.
- All employees are screened prior to the start of their shift for symptoms and fever.
- Enhanced sanitation procedures will continue.
- Testing of residents and staff will continue per CMS guidelines.
- Our activity departments continue to provide one-to-one visits utilizing in-person and virtual platforms to keep people connected.
VISITATION GUIDELINES FOR ALL HILLCREST HEALTHCARE COMMUNITIES
Visitation is now open for all residents at all times. If there are any changes regarding an outbreak of COVID, this will be communicated through community personnel and our online communication system.
Please note that outdoor visits are the safest means of visitation and we must consider weather conditions and the patient health status.
Visitors must adhere to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention:
- All visitors must be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Entry will not be allowed if signs or symptoms are present.
- Hand hygiene (use of alcohol-based hand rub is preferred).
- Face coverings or masks are required.
- Must maintain social distancing of 6 feet or greater.
- If your loved one has been fully vaccinated, visiting hours are open from 10 am to 8 pm. Please limit visitors to two at a time and for no more than 2 hours. Also, indoor visitation will be limited to those over 18 years old. We understand that visits with grandchildren are important. If any visitor is under 18, we ask that those visits occur outdoors.
- If your loved one is not fully vaccinated, visits must be scheduled in advance. Please visit our contact page to schedule.
Visitors and staff must adhere to core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention to reduce the risk of transmission. Visitors unable to adhere to these principles will not be permitted access and will be asked to leave for the safety of all.
Hillcrest Healthcare is following all guidance from all state and federal regulatory agencies and will continue to notify our employees, patients, patient’s point of contact and the public as developments are monitored.